During the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic the Carers Matter Norfolk Advice Line (0800 083 1148) and Live Chat on this website are operating usual hours. All Carers Matter Norfolk (Young Carers & Families) staff are working from home.
Carers Matter Norfolk Carer Connectors and Youth Workers from in the partnership are still supporting young carers, although with some changes. For details of partners visit:
If you are currently being supported or have had a referral you will be contacted by your Connector/Youth Worker. Some of our other services may be affected so follow us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter for further information and regular updates.
- Our Young Carers & Families Covid 19 Service Update
- A Summary of other Sources of Young Carers Support during Covid-19 pandemic compiled by Caring Together and the Norfolk Young Carers Forum
- How to get a letter stating your need to shop and travel in your role as a young carer during the coronavirus restrictions.
- Making a Contingency Plan: how to plan ahead and be prepared so you know what to do and who to turn to if your situation changes.
- Getting a Young Carers Needs Assessment: If you find yourself unexpectedly caring for someone because of Covid-19, maybe a sibling who is not at school, or a parent whose health has been affected, you are entitled to a Needs Assessment, and we can help you get the support you need.
If you are finding things difficult and want to talk in confidence to a counsellor or mental health professional, visit Kooth, a new service commissioned by Norfolk County Council offering free, safe and anonymous online support and counselling.