During the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic the Carers Matter Norfolk Advice Line (0800 083 1148) and Live Chat on this website are operating usual hours. All Carers Matter Norfolk (Young Carers & Families) staff are working from home.
Carers Matter Norfolk Carer Connectors and Youth Workers from the partnership are still supporting young carers, although with some changes. For details of partners visit:
GYGYC (GYGYC’s new website is coming soon, watch this space!)
If you are currently being supported or have had a referral you will be contacted by your Connector/Youth Worker. Some of our other services may be affected so follow us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter for further information and regular updates.
- Our Young Carers & Families Covid 19 Service Update
- A Summary of other Sources of Young Carers Support during Covid-19 pandemic compiled by Caring Together and the Norfolk Young Carers Forum
- The Department of Health and Social Care have provided guidance for those under 25 who provide care for someone. There is also an easy to read version.
- How to get a letter stating your need to shop and travel in your role as a young carer during the coronavirus restrictions.
- Making a Contingency Plan: how to plan ahead and be prepared so you know what to do and who to turn to if your situation changes.
- Getting a Young Carers Needs Assessment: If you find yourself unexpectedly caring for someone because of Covid-19, maybe a sibling who is not at school, or a parent whose health has been affected, you are entitled to a Needs Assessment, and we can help you get the support you need.
If you are finding things difficult and want to talk in confidence to a counsellor or mental health professional, visit Kooth, a new service commissioned by Norfolk County Council offering free, safe and anonymous online support and counselling.