The Young Carers & Families Service is a partnership of voluntary sector organisations specialising in supporting carers and young people. Together we are able to provide support to young carers and their families as well as parent carers across Norfolk.
We have a team of Triage & Assessment Workers and Family Care Practitioners who work with families to ensure the right support is put in place to remove or reduce the caring the young carer provides. Our team are also there to assist parent carers with their responsibilities.
Across Norfolk we work with our partners to provide:
- 1:1 and group support for both young carers and parent carers
- fun activities for young carers
- the opportunity for young carers to meet other young carers
- signposting for parent carers to useful resources
- opportunities to learn new skills
- wellbeing sessions
The service is commissioned and funded by Norfolk County Council and managed by Voluntary Norfolk. The Service Manager is Maria Plumb.
For more information about our service, download our service leaflet.
We are also proud to be a member of Sir Norman Lamb’s Coalition for Young People.