Advice for Professionals

Professionals wishing to make a referral to either the Young Carers or Parent Carers services should complete the relevant Young Carers Referral Form or Parent Carers Referral Form.

A Triage Worker will contact either you/the young carer/the family to find out more about the young carer and the family situation. They will then either assist the young carer and family with a short term support plan or refer them to a family support worker to enable them to access support, school groups and assessments (this can include the person being cared for). This will ensure the young carer’s caring responsibilities are reduced.

If you are a young carer and would like advice or support, get in touch by calling our free Advice Line on 0800 083 1148.