Advice for young carers
We know young carers need proper support to make sure they’re able to look after their loved ones whilst taking care of their own health and wellbeing.
There is a Young Carers Support App to download which gives young carers in Norfolk information and advice, self-help resources, wellbeing tips and activities, plus a catalogue of support services – all in one place. Go to:
Being a young carer can have a big impact on the things that are important to growing up
- It can affect a young person’s health, social life and self-confidence.
- Many young carers struggle to juggle their education and caring which can cause pressure and stress.
- In a survey, 39% said that nobody in their school was aware of their caring role.
- 26% have been bullied at school because of their caring role.
- 1 in 20 miss school because of their caring role.
Source: Carers Trust
Call us on 0800 083 1148 if you have any questions or
worries about being a carer
Young Carers and Carers Trust CPN staff visited groups across Norfolk in order to hear from over 200 young carers and young adult carers. This is what they said: