Being a young carer
Being a young carer can have a big impact on the things that are important to growing up
- It can affect a young person’s health, social life and self-confidence.
- Many young carers struggle to juggle their education and caring which can cause pressure and stress.
- In a survey, 39% said that nobody in their school was aware of their caring role.
- 26% have been bullied at school because of their caring role.
- 1 in 20 miss school because of their caring role.
Source: Carers Trust
Call us on 0800 083 1148 if you have any questions or
worries about being a carer
Young carers and Carers Trust CPN staff visited groups across Norfolk in order to hear from over 200 young carers and young adult carers. This is what they said: